BE THE INSPIRATION - A HAPPY NEW YEAR July 1 2018



Be the Inspiration in your Communities 

Earlier in the year I set up  my blog  as a trial for the 2018-19 Year. I will keep you up to date with  my travels and involvement with our clubs across the SE & Gibraltar on my blog  (Weekly if I can manage it!!) and  use  my DG page on the website  to keep you up to date with projects.  (Monthly)

Our SE District  Clubs  have ensured that I have not relaxed in the run-up to my year of Office as DG.

 Selected   Activities  from  the past few weeks   I would like to share 

An evening with my  own Club who are seeing me rarely, but I am managing to attend all Satellite meetings as they are monthly.

 After introducing myself to my fellow club rotarians who have not seen me for a while!!!!    I was given  the floor to share  my planning for the DG Year and to thank them for agreeing to act as  drivers to the wonderful club events.  I have been invited to- Swimathons, Beer Festivals, BBQ's . Festivals..... I have my trainers and Rotary T -shirts ready for helping you all at your events!

Keeping my feet firmly on the ground - Orpington Satellite joins the clean up 



Litter picking in Orpington High St with members of the Orpington Satellite, Chris  Compton our new Environmental Officer for District,  members of Orpington , and Orpington Crofton Clubs and Mc Donald's Staff. Jim came too!!

Fawlty Towers with Canterbury Club  what a great night out  Can recommend.


Basil Fawlty, Sybil and Manuel a were all there to entertain us and they certainly did!!




 I helped organise  the Orpington Satellite  Charity Tea  at BR6 Served by Catering students . First class Service , a magnificent tea and  we raised £450 for the Bromley Youth Music Trust.







 Margate Handover 

A wonderful event  with Thanet clubs supporting the in below! Thanks for a super evening.

I have a plan to visit  or re visit places in our District  while making my Rotary Journeys to join clubs I really enjoyed Margate and particularly my visit to Turner Contemporary . I lay down  inside a contemplation installation. I don't think I relaxed, just thought about what I was taking on for Rotary!







Yes that is a contemplation tent!

Sonja Curtis Ravensbourne Rotary Club 

Many of our rotarians  are giving service outside their Rotary commitments and Sonja has excelled herself in  leading on the placing of a Memorial to the Voluntary Aid Detachment Nurses of the First and Second World Wars at the National Arboretum.  Her talk is really something worth listening to and  she will tell you about her  project raising funds for extreme nursing  in this country as well as abroad  e.g. Terrorist attacks and the Salisbury poisoning.  Contact Sonja  if you would like a talk... YOU CAN FIND HER DETAILS ON DMS
She  organised the  prestigious event  at the National Arboretum for the consecration of the Memorial and spoke eloquently in the presence of Royalty. Well done Sonja. Our group of Rotarians were proud to support you on the day.



Well done Sonja  Ravensbourne Club  countess of Wessex Front left






This is the taster
Next week  DG Week 1

URGENT
Don't forget to
Sign up for the ENGAGE weekend  September 7-9 

Rotary SE Home Page click ENGAGE 
either google Rotary SE or paste  link below.

http://www.rotary-ribi.org/districts/page.php?PgID=628299&DistrictNo=1120It will be a wonderful experience




Thank you for reading.
DG Brenda 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE MAGIC OF DISNEY AND THE MAGIC OF ROTARY

Blog 3 July 15 YES THERE WAS A MONKEY ON MY BALCONY AND I WAS STILL IN DISTRICT 1120