Blog 3 July 15 YES THERE WAS A MONKEY ON MY BALCONY AND I WAS STILL IN DISTRICT 1120

A WEEK OF MEETINGS TOPPED WITH A TRIP TO GIBRALTAR

Note all  your  Club members involved. The District Team is  made up volunteers from our Clubs. Could YOU help too?

We need
  • a Health and Safety Officer 
  • Help with Marketing across District . There must be someone out there who has experience who could offer a little time. and 
  • Membership champions  across the District.  Not lots of Committee Meetings !! Promise. 
 Please phone me on 07901911172  if you have skills and are willing to help out.

SPOT THE DG above or below?!! no phone calls or emails required !!

Yes I was stopped at customs with the chain !!



Monday 

This week I  met with Brian Portway (Gravesend Club. )
Areas for discussion included ACTION on 
  • Public Image workshops for 2018-19
  • District involvement in targeting key  organisations across District  to tell them about Rotary. and what you are doing. SO MUCH IS SECRET It would be really helpful to be able to use the final information from Rotary Central for last year. I will shout if you give me the  information. Please can a few more of you TRY to complete. Rotary Club Central. (On the RI site)  If you need help ask your Assistant governor or ME. 
  • Posters for all Clubs to distribute in their Areas Target Date  District Council September  19
  • Rotary Radio UK - A launch is planned for Late September , so start thinking about  projects to showcase. 
  • WORLD  POLIO DAY  OCTOBER 24 . We need a big Splash across dDstrict. More about this in the DG Message later this week on out District  Website. I will alert you all.  i hope you are putting you club plans together for Polio week.

Monday evening 

 Crofton Club meeting. Good to make it for a change. Thanks to all of you who have offered to drive me for my events across district. 

IN  BETWEEN MEETINGS I packed artwork for an exhibition  so will insert for your interest


Tuesday 
Yes I wasWORKING in a school near Canterbury., although undertaking a school assessment,  of course   I mentioned  youth programmes. They were really interested., so links for our Canterbury clubs. 

This was followed by a meeting with Jarle  ( Canterbury Sunrise)our Engage Conference Coordinator. you will have received more information on Engage. PLEASE SIGN UP. Lots of you who have said you are attending still need to sign up. If the  on line is difficult then there is a tel no  for booking shown in my letter to you.

Then off to see  Noel Tatt  (Folkestone ) to  plan  the weekend away for district. Just waiting for youth competition dates for Area finals, then we can announce this super opportunity for April/ May. 

Wednesday 

CONTINUITY MEETING

These are held with Past District Governor  Carol  (Maidstone Dawn Patrol), District  Governor Brenda  (Orpington Crofton RC) District Governor  Elect Don (Dover RC)  and District Governor Elect  Brian (Broadstairs)
A VERY LONG MEETING 
Preparation for District Executive and new ideas for Council Meetings. We want changes of DGs to be seamless. 

Thursday 

MEMBERSHIP MEETING attended by our Rotary International Representative Tony Quinn, Penny Spiller (Kings Hill RC) and Colin Norgate (Maidstone Riverside RC)

Key areas  of focus were 
  • Friends of Rotary 
  • Corporate Membership
  • Tracking our increase in numbers
  • New  Clubs
  • Flexible clubs ............

OFF TO GIBRALTAR ON FRIDAY


This notice was at Passport control beside the queue


President John met me at the airport  at just before 9pm then kindly had a meeting with me  for over an hour. Thanks John. 

GIBRALTAR CLUB HAVE 2 CORPORATE MEMBERS
Some more pictures to come to entice more of you to visit. Peter Forrester  (Chislehurst RC) and Partner joined the party for Handover. Dancing and a wonderful dinner  attended by other clubs from Spain and England. 
My first day with free time. since Handover!!
Plants which are  inches high in my  conservatory were splendid in their correct habitat. 






Gibraltar is a really interesting place with   a very ENGLISH flavour with heatwave most of the year. Please consider a raid. Sandwich RC  already plan to visit.

the quote below was in one of the shop windows on my early morning walk 






The evening  Handover dinner  from  Past President Adrian to President Johnwas really lovely with a  good food at the Rock Hotel, Band and Dancing. Gibraltar Team. Please send  some photos of Handover.



At Gatwick Airport Station  I saw this.

What about more of these  book shelves for Rotary and  crocuses on our stations 



HAVE A GOOD WEEK EVERYONE 

AND 





DG Brenda 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE THE INSPIRATION AND MAKE BIGGER THINGS HAPPEN

BE THE INSPIRATION - A HAPPY NEW YEAR July 1 2018