A REALLY CHRISTMASSY WEEK

DON'T MISS AN OPPORTUNITY TO RESEARCH  MEMBERSHIP

Last time  I made my journey  to Devon to visit my mum  I chatted with a PhD student  from Turkestan, studying at Exeter Uni. After our 2 hour journey he was keen to join Rotary and has now been contacted by his  University Rotaract Club and  I hope is enjoying in Rotary activities.

Last weekend on my journey South  I chatted with Henry VIII  and his 6 wives. They were on their way to a  Rubgy Match in Exeter and were very interested to learn more about Rotary, particularly e-clubs. Had some good ideas too. They said that in their opinion  young people would join in projects rather than join a club. Perhaps 2 or 3 a year. they felt they should be sociable and fun. FE colleges  as well as University students could be involved.

Perhaps we should be doing more with our local Colleges and University Students. I know  Canterbury Christ Church University  are on their way to forming a Rotoract Club.  Well done.



FUN and FELLOWSHIP


ROTARY CLUBS of MEDWAY out in Rochester last weekend 

I was working in North Devon early this week, but was lucky enough to see the lights switched on in Bideford last Sunday evening.


It was a pity that I didn't  see any Rotary  stalls there as I had hoped to meet some local Rotarians, but perhaps they were lurking where I didn't look.It was very crowded.

 It was however good to have a flavour of what I had missed more locally sent to me.
Thank you Clive  Doubleday (Our International Lead person for District) for sending me photos. As soon as you have the dates, please let me know when the Rochester Christmas event will take place in 2018 and I'll put in my diary so I can offer some willing hands.  I know Carol and Bryan really enjoyed their time helping.





OUR SLEIGH COMES OUT OF 'MOTHBALLS'

My  i-phone  Health app has been  working hard clocking  up my steps when  out with Santa  and our sleigh, greeting  families and  fanning the excitement as Christmas approaches. So important not to just consider the  amounts we collect, but  to remember the joy we bring when we trudge around the streets in the cold.

Any offers to show me how to track Santa around the streets on a map? I know some of you do this. Something to share.



MORE CHRISTMAS EVENTS 

Friday 
My first Christmas Play this year 'Children of the World' at Chatsworth Infant School. Really impressive- Wonderful Singing, Word Perfect and such super  costumes. Those smiling faces just made it. The pupils and staff  should feel really proud. Christmas always starts for me when the tinsel falls on my carpet from their lovely invitation!!

Collecting outside Marks and Spencer in the cold on Saturday, followed by a really lovely evening  where our Club partnered with the Petts Wood Operatic Societry. They provided a wonderful evening of  high quality singing, interspersed with Festive and Funny readings.  We provided  refreshment which was much enjoyed  and together a large audience. Thank you to Orpington Club for supporting us. Well done our President for setting this up.

IF YOU PARTNER FOR EVENTS MORE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT ROTARY AND  ALL ORGANISATIONS  TAKING PART BRING THEIR FRIENDS!! Oh it does make life easier and cuts the stress!! you make new friends too.  PERHAPS A CHOIR MIGHT BECOME A ROTARY HUB!!


Thank you for looking at my blog and for the telephone calls I have received with ideas, invitations   and offers to help.

DISTRICT TEAM 2018-19 UPDATE

Thank you to Penny Spiller for agreeing to lead the Membership Team for District

Thank you to AG Carolyn Bassett for  the Maidstone Riverside RC  contribution to the Project Exchange  with their Swim Relay Project . Only 98 to go! (See last week's blog and speak to your AG)

Thank you to Mike Martineau for agreeing to proof read Project  Cards 

We are still looking for  more  MEMBERSHIP CHAMPIONS  

Also NEEDED

COMMUNITY AND VOCATIONAL CHAIRS. YOU ARE OUT THERE I KNOW.
Please contact me/ It will make my Christmas.

Also an Assistant Treasurer

See you next week 

Brenda 

0790 1911172 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 3 July 15 YES THERE WAS A MONKEY ON MY BALCONY AND I WAS STILL IN DISTRICT 1120

THE MAGIC OF DISNEY AND THE MAGIC OF ROTARY